General Information

Information on the campus is available in the University Catalog

The following university officials may be contacted to assist enrolled or prospective students with the following:

General University Information: Director, Admission Office, Ruth Towne Visitor Center, Truman State University, (660) 785-4114.

Financial Assistance Information: Director, Financial Aid Office, 103 McClain Hall, Truman State University, (660) 785-4130.

Institutional Information: Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, Academic Affairs Office, 203 McClain Hall, Truman State University, (660) 785-4105.

Completion or Graduation Rates: Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, Academic Affairs Office, 203 McClain Hall, Truman State University, (660) 785-4105.

Security Policies and Crime Statistics: Director, Public Safety, General Services Building, Truman State University, (660) 785-4176.

Contact information for all other offices can be found at

General Information
Admissions Office
Phone: (660) 785-4114

Athletics Compliance
Athletics Office
Phone: (660) 785-4235

Student Records
Registrar’s Office
Phone: (660) 785-4143

Financial Assistance
Financial Aid Office
Phone: (660) 785-4130

Annual Security Report
Department of Public Safety
Phone: (660) 785-4176

Truman State University Home Page

Truman State University has been accredited since 1914 by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Truman has maintained full accreditation for all of its programs through the years since then. Contact the Higher Learning Commission at or (312) 263-0456.

Various agencies also fully accredit specific programs:

  • AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
  • American Chemical Society
  • American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
  • Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
  • Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
  • Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation & Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
  • National Association of Schools of Music
  • The Council for Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)

Contact the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Office at 660-785-4105 to obtain copies of review documents describing accreditation, approval, or licensing or to obtain contact information for the appropriate accrediting, approval or licensing entity in order to file a complaint.

Retention & Graduation Rates for Undergraduate Students


Truman values the diversity represented by students from across Missouri, the United States and the world, representing myriad racial backgrounds and interests. Our talented student body thrives in the opportunities diversity brings to encounter enrichment in an inclusive educational experience.

Information about student body diversity, including the number of enrolled full-time students by gender and race/ethnicity can be found below. Students may also be interested to know how many Truman students are eligible for Federal Pell Grants. In the 2019-2020 academic year, 21.58% of Truman students were eligible for Federal Pell Grants.

Fall 2020 Fact Sheet

Graduation Rates by Gender, Ethnicity, and Financial Aid Eligibility

Center for Diversity and Inclusion

Student Access and Disability Services coordinates services for students with learning disabilities and physical challenges. Special adaptive equipment is available in Pickler Memorial Library. Several apartments and residence hall rooms have been modified to accommodate students with disabilities. Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to call the office to make arrangements for special assistance. Phone: (660) 785-4478 Website:

Truman State University’s Career Center provides a wealth of professional assistance from selecting the academic major that is right for you, identifying internships, providing how-to information from resume writing to developing interview skills and much more.

Drug- and  alcohol-related infractions can result in serious penalties and affect a student’s financial aid eligibility. Drug and alcohol abuse prevention information can be found in the Student Handbook and A student who loses eligibility for any grant, loan, or work-study assistance as a result of penalties will receive clear notice from the Financial Aid Office, including guidelines on how to regain eligibility. Drug and alcohol use policies regarding employees can be found in the employee handbook at and also below.

Drug/Alcohol Abuse in the Workplace

The University subscribes to the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and endorses the following statement of policy to prevent the use of illicit drugs and the abuse of alcohol by students and employees.  The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession or use of a controlled substance is prohibited on all property owned or operated by the University.  The manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession or use of alcohol is also prohibited on the University campus, except for those times, places, and purposes approved by the President of the University.  The presence of persons under the influence of unlawful drugs or alcohol, regardless of where the use or consumption of such drugs or alcohol may have occurred, is also prohibited on the University campus.  Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.

The University offers resources to employees and students: education and information about the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace; programs which address unlawful controlled substance and alcohol use, including personnel actions that may result from such violations; and self referrals as well as supervisory referrals to drug and alcohol counseling and rehabilitation programs available through the University’s Employee Assistance Program and/or community agencies.  Such referrals will respect individual confidentiality.  Employees may find additional information at

As a condition of employment, due to the University’s receipt of federal grants, employees of the University, both full- and part-time, must abide by the prohibition against controlled substances, and must notify Human Resources, no later than five days after their conviction, of any criminal drug statute conviction for a violation occurring on the campus.

The University must notify the United States Department of Education, or other appropriate federal agency, within ten days after notice from an employee that he or she has been convicted of any criminal drug statute for a violation occurring on the campus, or within ten days after otherwise receiving notice of such conviction.

Missouri Partners in Prevention Truman State University participates in Partners in Prevention, a statewide coalition focused on preventing high-risk drinking among Missouri’s college students.

Truman State University strongly encourages students to register to vote and to exercise that privilege and responsibility in local, state, and federal elections. More information is available through the Office of Citizenship & Community Standards at Voter registration forms can be obtained from the Vote Missouri website at

College Navigator is a free consumer information tool designed to help students, parents, high school counselors, and others get information about institutions of higher education. The College Navigator can be found at

Constitution Day and Citizenship Day are observed each year on September 17 to commemorate the signing of the Constitution on September 17, 1787 and “recognize all who, by coming of age or by naturalization, have become U.S. citizens.” Each educational institution which receives federal funds is required by law to hold an educational program on the United States Constitution for Constitution Day and Citizenship Day.

When September 17 falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, Constitution Day shall be held during the preceding or following week.

Event(s) shall be publicized.

States require that colleges and universities comply with their individual regulations to deliver university-level distance education and online courses to students residing in their states.  These states, along with professional licensing bodies, and the federal Department of Education, require disclosure to students about their ability to obtain professional licensure, in the state in which they reside, upon completion of a program that leads to licensure – whether that program is offered online or on campus.

View Professional Licensure by State at